Wednesday 16 April 2014

Hitchhiker

Well we went to the NEC Hobbycrafts exhibition in March and it was so great. DD took part in a Jumping Clay workshop and made an Easter Bunny, she did so well and the man who showed her what to do was so great with all the kids and explained things so well...
I was very good with my purchases... I bought 5 Lynette Anderson fabric fat quarters, some gorgeous Rowan wool pack and bits and bobs of buttons and cross stitch hangers :) I received some money for my birthday so I purchased some lovely Mirasol Hacho wool from my LYS in Matlock
The colours are gorgeous and all handspun... So with the yarn I'm working on a great pattern by Martina Behm to make a Hitchhiker shawl, it's brill for beginners like me as it's largely garter stitch...
I've also been making some lip balm in coconut and beeswax, love making these as they seem to stay on your lips longer and so smooth with no chemicals etc..
Anyway, TTFN off to enjoy the sun and do a bit of stitching..

No comments: